Saturday, August 1, 2020

Anticipation

I feel the excitement bubble up inside of me
Like a tea kettle on the stove
I keep looking at the clock...

No, its not time yet, find something to do
Pace, clean, nervous energy
I look at the clock again.....

I feel like a child saying to a parent “Are we there yet?”
A present that has been waiting to be unwrapped
I look at the clock again.....

Maybe I need to check another clock
I’m certain the hands have not moved
I make myself a promise not to look again

Okay, it must be almost time
Is everything in place?
How do I look?
I looked at the clock again....

My heat is pounding
I’m sure if you were standing next to me you could hear the thudding
I have not felt this way for so long
Do they feel the same way?
I look at the clock again....

I’m making to much out of this
No, I don’t think so
I’m nervous
Butterflies in my stomach
My face is flushed just thinking about the first anticipated 
Kiss
Ive stopped looking at the clock
He is here

No comments:

Post a Comment