Friday, January 21, 2011

Current Reading, " The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe"

My youngest daughter, Raquel and I are reading "The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis. We were inspired to read the series after seeing the latest movie, "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader". Our deal is to read at least four pages each every night to each other, at her bedtime. We both received Nooks for Christmas and this is helping us become more experienced with this new piece of equipment, and read together at the same time.
After watching some of the movies made from the books and reading some of the passages from this book, it occurred to me that there was some underline meanings that were subtle, but yet there. I did a quick search on this author and learned a little bit more about his life and  works. There, I was able to answer some of my questions, mainly dealing with religious beliefs.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I can't wait until I can read these books with my son (he is 2). Reading together on the Nooks is brilliant. I can relate to your surprise at the underlying themes in C.S. Lewis' fiction. He was quite the zealot. But the books are wonderful no matter how you interpret them.

    ReplyDelete